Kefta Recipe and Cost to Make in Lome
So I love to eat Kefta. I usually go to Phencian where I buy the Kefta with rice, humas and fries for around 5,500 CFA ($9.16). However, I want to see if I can make the same
quality of Kefta at home. And to know how much it will cost to make the same meal at home.
Ingredients, where to get them and cost:
- 0.50 kilo (1 lb) of Ground Beef
The ground beef in Lome is pretty lean. So I will need to purchase ground beef and mix with some fat. I have not figured it out yet.
Cost: 2,000 for 1/2 kilo or 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 peppers
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp 7 Spice
- 1/4 tsp cumin (I put 1/4 instead of 1/2 since cumin is slightly powerful
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- handful of cilantro
- Cut and peel onion into quarters and cut-up two peppers. Put in food processor and blend for few seconds.
- Add beef, and the rest of the ingredients. And mix for a minute or so until all of the ingredients are mixed into the meat.
- Weight about 1 oz of meat and shape into long mini-hot dog shape.
- Freeze and then split into 8 kabob each (2 meals) into zip lock bags. When cooking, only cook in oven for 15 minutes covered in aluminum foil.