Tandoori Chicken Recipe and Cost to Make in Lome
I decided to make Tandoori Chicken. The Indian Restaurant over here in Lome charges a lot of dough (around $10.00 for 2 to 3 pcs of chicken) NO rice. With these ripoff prices, I decided to make my own using whole
chicken cut into pieces.
Ingredients, where to get them and cost:
- 1 kilo (2 lb) of Whole Chicken - 2,500 ($4.16) from l'Espicerie. A day before, I cut up the pieces and marinate in papaya or orange juice to tenderize the meat.
- >The next day sprinkle 2 tsp of Kashmiri Chili powder and little of salt to the chicken and rub throughly.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Now we will make the marinate. In a bowl, add:
- Add 1 cup of yogurt. Run through cheese cloth to take out all the water. The yogurt should be thick
- 2 tsp of ginger/garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp Kashmira chili powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Now take the marinate and pour over the chicken. Make sure to rub it in throughly.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 day. It should look like this:
- After 1 day, heat the oven and bake the chicken for 45 minutes. Serve with rice or bread.